Sunday, October 11, 2009

Selah

God of the universe, above, on, and beneath the earth;
Let my home be where You are.
Let my familiar ground be the space between Your arms.
Let my resting place be the hollow of Your heart.
Let Your glory be my ecstasy.
Let Your wisdom be my logic.
Let Your sufficiency be my plenty.
Let Your power be my refuge.
Let Your fame be my confidence.
Let Your beauty be my crowning glory.
Let Your tirelessness be my endurance.
Let me drink in Your glory as I sing Your name in the smallest voice of one of Your weakest creations. Embrace my fragile frame and mix it with Your steel. Place Your armor on me, but keep the frail heart within dependent always on Your mercy, forgiveness, and grace.
And Lord, when I fail, fall, and hurt myself, those around me, and even Your name with my flaws and sinfulness, pull me through the raging fire of Your refinery and bring me out again, just a little more fit to reflect dimly the image of an all-powerful, all-knowing, all-present, all-loving Creator.

No comments:

Post a Comment