Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Day in the Life

So because of a monster throat and ear ache I've been experiencing, my trusty rice pillow has been tossed in the microwave repeatedly today. It feels better than a heating pad and cools down automatically, which is better for your tissues. Anyhow, I heated it up one last time before I settled in, went to do something, and when I came back, my 3,000 year old cat had pressed her back up against it and closed her eyes blissfully like she had at last found completion. My ear still hurts, but I can't bring myself to take it away from her.
Now, I know the five people following this blog must sit around at times and wonder what it must be like to live glamorous life in my sexy shoes. I know, I know, it's hard to fathom what it must be like to be a part of the riches and fame that comprise my life. Fear not! I have taken the liberty of writing out my to-do list here. In the immortal words of Roomie Lisa, "I write down the things at the end of the day that I've already done, and cross them out as soon as I write them down."
Check it out. This list is at least marginally chronologically accurate.

1. Crawl out of bed.
2. Go to bathroom.
3. Stagger downstairs into kitchen.
4. Grunt at Lisa.
5. Back upstairs to bed.
6. Sleep four more hours.
7. Quiet Time, AKA: Blog Fodder.
8. Yell at various people via text message.
9. Answer E-Mails
10. Talk with Dad on phone for an hour or so, listening to stories so that you don't have to talk, thus upsetting the monster ulcer that now resides in a den somewhere in your left tonsil.
10. Travel with Lisa to watch an independent film.
11. Repeat.
12. Stop by Kroger on the way back for nutritive substances that are Erin-Friendly. Sweat profusely in line, wishing that there were more registers open after 9PM. Realize that the ick in your throat may actually be an illness. Lodge yourself firmly back into denial.
13. Back at home, make Erin-Friendly soup. Check to see if there is ice cream left. Upon realizing that there is, squeal at the top of your lungs and jump up and down.
14. Eat soup in bed while watching YouTube.
15. Wake up with face plastered to keyboard halfway through "Gabriel Iglesias: Hot and Fluffy." Turn off computer. Grunt.
16. Sleep for the next twelve hours.

And there it is. That is my life when I am not working. And sick.
Even Jesus took days off.

No comments:

Post a Comment