Saturday, July 4, 2009

We interrupt our regularly scheduled soapboxing....

Okay, so last night at Homegroup, this blog got brought up. You never knew a group of adults could be so explosively creative as when they are presented with the words "shiny" and "koalas."
I knew it was a recipe for greatness, I just didn't know how near that greatness was. Here is the dialogue, near as I can recall. I may be getting who said what confused in my head, though.

Chris: What's it called? Stinky Koalas?
Caleb: Dude, I was TOTALLY about to say exactly THAT! I really thought it was Stinky Koalas!
Me: It's SHINY Koalas!
Micah: What's a shiny koala?
Julie S: It's a Koala that's been greased up!
Exo: Hair gel or pomade?
Me: Can't it be both?
Micah:It's hard to keep shiny koalas in trees, because they are naturally slippery.
Exo: You know it's a bad day when the sloth is beating you at the climbing game.
Audrey: Life is hard for the shiny koalas!
Julia M: That's why you usually find them on the ground!
Me: *genuinely pleased with the idea* Hee! Sploit!
Audrey: And they use the sparkly gel! It helps break up their outline on a sunny day.

It was fantastic. Just to clarify, I was trying to create this blog, needed a URL, and I used the first two words that popped into my head. It has no special or deep significance whatsoever, except maybe to show that I am too preoccupied with sparkly things and small fuzzy mammals.

Happy 4th everyone! It's good to be free. And hey, if you don't like living here, there's always Iran.

No comments:

Post a Comment